mais.net is an interactive web tool for cultivating maize according to sustainable and precision farming principles.
mais.net has been designed to help «managers» (who deal with crop management or give farmers technical support) make more targeted and, therefore, more correct decisions; mais.net does not replace the manager’s experience, but enhances it with a variety of always up-to-date information.
From 2019, this fast consultation tool, accessible 24/7, will be aimed at farmers, technicians, producer organizations and agroindustries.
Why use mais.net?
- to obtain clear, reliable and timely decision support
- to raise awareness of the processes that regulate the field’s ecosystem
- to increase the quality of decisions on field management
- to enhance the technical means available
- to optimize the use of production factors
- to reduce production costs
- to stabilize and increase the quantity and quality of yields over the years
- to increase the market value of raw materials
- to conform to the principles of Directive 2009/128/EC and of integrated production
- to reduce the environmental impact