granoduro.net is an interactive web tool for cultivating durum wheat according to sustainable and precision farming principles.
granoduro.net has been designed to help «managers» (who deal with crop management or give farmers technical support) make more targeted and, therefore, more correct decisions; granoduro.net does not replace the manager’s experience, but enhances it with a variety of always up-to-date information.
Implemented since 2008, this fast consultation tool, accessible 24/7, is aimed at farmers, technicians, producer organizations and agroindustries. Moreover, since the 2012-2013 growing season, the service has supported Barilla’s Sustainable Durum Wheat Supply Chain.
Why use granoduro.net?
- to obtain clear, reliable and timely decision support
- to raise awareness of the processes that regulate the field’s ecosystem
- to increase the quality of decisions on field management
- to enhance the technical means available
- to optimize the use of production factors
- to reduce production costs
- to stabilize and increase the quantity and quality of yields over the years
- to increase the market value of raw materials
- to conform to the principles of Directive 2009/128/EC and of integrated production
- to reduce the environmental impact